Hey, so now that I am in NH without any trace of a social life, I remembered that this blog existed. It will probably become my life for the next five weeks. That being said, heres some pumpkin bread!
I got this recipe from allrecipe.com. The only reason i chose this one is because I actually know what downeast maine means, and yeah, it was wicked good.
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread.
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Disclaimer: olive oil is NOT the same as vegetable oil… made that mistake. nasty.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans.
- Mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, do the toothpick test.